Originally Posted by Vaderini
...seems right no?

Yes, in my opinion (I do not know anything for sure -- as even expert engineering guesses about the future are at least partly wrong most of the time, literally -- and I'm no expert).

The second article states it. Very loosely, the "minimum" feature size is the node size. That is, if you have a 10nm node, things must be that large or larger. So, one manufacturer's 10nm node may actually have more transistors overall than another manufacturer's 7nm node. Intel makes much of their own stuff. So, they might get more out of a node than most.

Regarding the first article, I cannot read "Nederlands" (assuming that's what it is). However, in general, I think the smallest node possible is just a guess by almost everyone who opines (there must be at least two really smart folks on Earth who have already figured out the true minimum for Silicon CPUs). It may be possible for many features to be very small on a "simple" circuit, but not on a complex one (e.g. CPU). Also, we're getting down to a few "atoms" of distance with Silicon circuits -- realistically, that limits things.

All forgoing my opinions/guesses about the future -- that are virtually guaranteed to be wrong more than half the time smile

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro