I cannot really give advice on what works well for a person trying to go with vaping. I had to bungle around to find what worked for me the hard way.

But I DO what to say that going with vape and using it sanely is massively less bad than smoking or crewing tobacco. Nicotine and tobacco are not the same thing. And smoking tobacco is so epic bad because you in-hail burning junk that is often processed with lord knows what. Not that going with natural tobacco is better. Its still bad. Inhaling burning crap is bad for people. From a simple campfire to a barbecue, to a burning building. Its just degrees of bad. Vaping removes this bit of bad. And nicotine by itself is not really much worse than caffeine. Just WAY more addictive.

So if someone can switch from smoking to vaping don't give them crap for not just quiting. Its a massive improvement. Even the worst produced e-liquid is better than smoking and data suggest by a least 90 percent. Some much higher. But it also depends what the hell the person using it is doing.

I could go on and on, but I will leave it at vaping got me to stop smoking. I have control over how much I ingest and in what dose. And have reduced the amount of nicotine to 3x less than your average e-liquid off the shelf. Meaning most of what I vape is actually sugar and vegetable glycerin at the lowest watt possible (this means lowest heat I can get away with as the hotter the vape the more bad compounds can be potentially mixed from the flavoring). And I might add none of these are carcinogenic on their own, but to much heat CAN make compounds that are. Even then its one or two VS like 26 or something. Meaning vaping and nicotine worse aspect is that it raises blood pressure and all the bad things that does. And no one is sure if nicotine even is a carcinogen (the science goes both ways right now). It may well not be, but it DOES accelerate cancer cell growth, that is known. So Tobacco does NOT equal nicotine as folks want to think. Eggplants have nicotine too. But at a much lower level than tobacco BTW.

So good luck getting off smoking to vaping. Its hard at first but you know you succeeded the first time you mess up and try and smoke a real cigarette. Your back to gagging like the first time you lit up. Damned near threw up.