Originally Posted By: erichos
Hi Kbird,
rotary switch works as 12 single switches. But witch 1 common contact that you have to use as common ROW (or COLLUMN) and you have to use 1 diode for every switch position = 12 diodes. But MMJoy2 knows only 10x10 matrix button so either you use only 10 position of rotary switch or use board with shift registers to connect this rotary switch and you need no diodes then. It is the best solution. Or this rotary switch you can set for only 10 positions easily, there is a washer with such jut and move this washer to position for 10 and you have 10-pos rotary switch.

I had forgotten that MMJoy2 only supports a 10x10 Button Matrix , I actually wanted a 1P10T switch to use in CAP2 for the AV8B Nozzle Angles but could not find one, but I was aware of the Nut to allow a change in a Rotary Switch's Throw Number but I don't see something like that on this switch unfortunately ,it didn't even come with a Panel Retaining Nut for mounting. I guess I could just not wire 2 positions , but I am not sure I have 10 input pins left or can the 10 positions be wired together with 1 common to a sigle pin? ie a 1x10 matrix?

I do have some 74HC165 Shift Registers, so I guess it is time to learn how to mount one on some Proto Board and use them in MMJoy2 or do you need a dedicated PCB to mount them and wire them for MMJoy?

Thanks again for you help Erichos , it's been invaluable for me so far in this Mod.

KB.

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1