Just realized I haven't posted the news yet!

Intrepid Fliers - September 1916:

September 1
Bulgaria declared war on Romania.
The British and Russian Governments concluded the "Sykes-Picot" agreement for the eventual partition of Asia Minor.
Fourteen Zeppelins raided England dropping bombs from Gravesend, east of London, to Peterborough. One Zeppelin, Schutte-Lanz S.L. 11, was shot down over London by a British airplane.
September 3
The British advanced at Guillemont and the French captured Foret; at the same time the Battle of Delville Wood ended with a tactical victory for the Allies.
September 4
Dar-es-Salaam in German East Africa was surrendered to British forces.
September 5
British troops captured Leuze Wood during the Battle of Guillemont.
September 6
The Battle of Guillemont ended.
September 7
The Battle of Kisaki took place between German and South African forces near the town of Kisaki during the East African campaign.
September 8
The Battle of Kisaki ended in a German victory.
September 9
In the intermediate phase of the Battle of the Somme, British troops captured the German held village of Ginchy, a strategically important post at the Battle of Ginchy.
September 10
French and Serbian forces broke out of Thessaloniki, advancing north on the Macedonian Front.
September 11
Greek Prime Minister Alexandros Zaimis tendered his resignation.
September 12
The Battle of Kajmakcalan began in the foothills of Mount Kajmakcalan on the Macedonian Front between Serbian and Bulgarian soldiers.
September 14
Italian and Austro-Hungarian forces again fought each other along the Isonzo River as the Seventh Battle of the Isonzo began.
September 15
The Battle of Flers-Courcelette saw the first deployment of British armoured tanks when the British Fourth Army launched a large scale offensive on the Somme. The battle signified the start of the third stage of the Somme Offensive.
September 16
Nikolaos Kalogeropoulos replaced Alexandros Zaimis as Prime Minister of Greece.
September 18
The Seventh Battle of the Isonzo ended. Italian troops under the command of Field Marshall Luigi Cadorna succeeded in wearing away at Austro-Hungarian resources, both in terms of manpower and in crucial artillery availability.
September 19
Belgian forces captured Tabora, the capital city of German East Africa.
Allied forces began a naval blockade of the Greek Macedonian Coast between the Rivers Struma and River Mesta.
September 20
The Brusilov Offensive ended with a decisive Russian victory.
September 22
The Battle of Flers-Courcelette ended; the strategic objective of a breakthrough had not been achieved although tactical gains had been made with the capture of the villages of Martinpuich, Courcelette and Flers.
September 23
Twelve Zeppelins bombed London and the English East Coast. Two of the invading aircraft were brought down.
September 24
French aircraft bombed the Krupp munitions works at Essen in Germany.
September 25
The Battle of Morval began with an attack by the British Fourth Army on the German held villages of Morval, Gueudecourt and Lesboeufs.
September 26
The Battle of Thiepval Ridge began with the aim of building on the Fourth Army attack at Morval 24 hours earlier.
September 28
The Battles of Morval and Thiepval Ridge both ended with victories for Allied forces.
September 29
Eleftherios Venizelos and Admiral Condouriotis announced the formation of a new Greek Provisional Government in Crete, in opposition to government in Athens.
September 30
Serbian forces captured the eastern and western peaks of Mount Kajmakcalan as the Battle of Kajmakcalan came to an end.

(From The Great War - Unseen Archives by Robert Hamilton)

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."