Originally Posted By: erichos
Originally Posted By: Kbird

Hi Erichos , thanks for posting , so you think I should use version [20160818upd1] not version [20161101]?

I think I have it worked out now , I had a single 1x8 matrix and a single switch above, and could not work out how to program the rest but I finally figured out I was thinking about the Matrix incorrectly (electronics Noob) and I had the wiring scheme wrong, so looking at some of Mega_Mozg's Images of his setup for a 6x6 matrix in MMjoy2 and one from someone else on wiring a F22+TQS to a Bodnar Board , I knew it was how I had it wired/linked to the Arduino not MMJoy2 ie. it was a wiring issue.

I did a scheme of my own and it seems to work now but I am not 100% sure it is "correct" .... it is posted here in my FLCS+TQS Conversion Thread if you have time to look...(link in blue)

My TQS Wiring Scheme
http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4331213/Re:_F16-FLCS_+_TQS_(Original)_#Post4331213

KB.

Hi Kbird, I only recommend you use version [20160818upd1] but as I said button matrix must work at any version.

I looked at your scheme, sorry but it is not very transparent :-) so I redrew it without changes and I hope it is clearer now, maybe :-)
Here is your scheme:

Important thing is to set MMJoy2 correctly:

So connect your Arduino and click "Load sets from device". Then we start setting.
Step 1: set which pins you use for ROWS and COLUMNS
Step 2: click "Save sets to device" from now if you push any button you have to see red square with number 01-132 on the left side of MMJoy2 window (there is 01 in my picture because I pushed button connected between ROW1 and COL1 and press "PrintScreen" on keyboard)
Step 3: now you can set which H/W.Button will be displayed as button in Windows. Doesn`t matter if H/W.Button 01 will be Joystick button 05 or 25... It is up to you. But OS Windows knows only 32 buttons and 1 HAT so SUM=36 buttons.
Step 2: again send your settings to Arduino

Now you click on the left-down "Windows Joystics" and then "Properties" and must see this:

If you push the button 01 you have to see red square with number 01 on the left side of MMJoy2 window and red circle button 01 in joystick properties window.

That`s all :-) I hope you do it now.

@erichos ...Thanks again my Button Matrix is now working properly in MMJoy2 thumbsup

If you have time would you mind posting a pic of how to Set Up an Encoder in MMJoy2 please....

I have a 24 position Rotary Encoder like this one Rotary Encoder
https://www.adafruit.com/product/377

Maybe I have it wired incorrectly? the MMJoy Wiki image of encoders is a bit confusing to me but I have...

- the center pin to a Row [D7] ( thought to GND but Wiki seems to say Rows and Columns)
- one outer pin to Column [C6]
- one outer pin to Column [E6]

I assume the Column wires still get diodes and that they face the Encoder on the wire.....

Thanks

KB.

Last edited by Kbird; 01/30/17 07:04 AM.

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1