Originally Posted By: erichos
Originally Posted By: Kbird
Nice Work Erichos... thumbsup

that proves a button matrix is programmable unless it is all Shift registers???, I just can't figure it out in MMJoy2-2016-11-01 (see above thx.)

KB

Only 2xCol and 1xRow I used for switch with LED indication (for GEAR) and another one switch. All others are connected to Shift registers. But I do not know what is problem with button matrix? I used it in my previous project w/o problem. I usually use matrix button 6x6 so it is enough for 32 buttons and HAT. I do not understand why do you set rows B3 then 8xNothing and B1???? Same problem in COL between D6 and E6. I allways set it in a row w/o gaps. Then do not forget to set buttons numbers at the table on the right side and "Save sets to device". Must work. This picture may help you:

I recommend you use last stable version of MMJoy2 so version [20160818upd1] that is w/o BUGs but button matrix must work at any version.

Due to your picture you can use 11 free pins so max you can make matrix of 5x6=30 buttons. You made only 2x9=18 buttons and I think problem is bad setings of SW MMJoy2. If you want post here picture or scheme of your connections and then I make you settings and post here picture of MMJoy2 software settings. OK?

Hi Erichos , thanks for posting , so you think I should use version [20160818upd1] not version [20161101]?

I think I have it worked out now , I had a single 1x8 matrix and a single switch above, and could not work out how to program the rest but I finally figured out I was thinking about the Matrix incorrectly (electronics Noob) and I had the wiring scheme wrong, so looking at some of Mega_Mozg's Images of his setup for a 6x6 matrix in MMjoy2 and one from someone else on wiring a F22+TQS to a Bodnar Board , I knew it was how I had it wired/linked to the Arduino not MMJoy2 ie. it was a wiring issue.

I did a scheme of my own and it seems to work now but I am not 100% sure it is "correct" .... it is posted here in my FLCS+TQS Conversion Thread if you have time to look...(link in blue)

My TQS Wiring Scheme
http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4331213/Re:_F16-FLCS_+_TQS_(Original)_#Post4331213

KB.

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1