Of all the fighters in WWII, I think the Spitfire is the most beautiful, and the Battle of Britain one of the most compelling phases of the war.

But after playing Cliffs of Dover for the past 6 years as the only option to upgrade from IL-2 1946, I don't know if I can ever fly in the Battle of Britain again.

If OBD starts out with a more fighter centric approach to WOTR, please don't start with BoB, or broaden the focus so I can go do something else. smile

When you think about our two most recent WWII combat flight sims (Cliffs and BoS), consider how many American planes are in those sims.

America was also in WWII, and we designed and built a few planes for that war.

American customers might like to fly some American planes at some point again in a modern combat flight sim. This is not a dig at OBD, this is a dig at those other companies (I know OBD fully intends to represent America in WOTR).

I'm just lobbying for that to happen sooner than later. smile

I've flown a lot in the online WWII MMP games of the past. And while experienced American players love to fly all nations, "new" American players always showed up flying (and asking for help in) a Mustang, or a P-38, or a P-47, or a B-17.

Its what they know. And I'm guessing that is what they will recognize on a game box too.

The "new" American combat flight sim customer has not been the target of marketing for a long, long time.

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup