Quote:
Missed the [W10 Free] Upgrade Offer? Here’s How You Can Still Install Windows 10 for Free

Microsoft released Windows 10 as a free upgrade in 2015. The free upgrade offer was extended to all Windows 7 and 8 users for 12 months, which ended in July last year, ahead of the release of Windows 10 Anniversary Update. However, the free upgrade hasn’t apparently completely ended.

According to reports, thanks to a loophole you can still upgrade your Windows 7 or 8 PC to Windows 10 for free. ...

I tried it just now on the last two computers in the house on Windows 7. I'm upgrading to Windows 10 for free.

Its taking the usual very long time but seems to be working. Because it takes so long, I'm posting now (before I am positive how it turns out) -- in case anyone wants to take advantage tonight. Its really easy to initiate -- just go to the W10 site linked in the article and make a few quick clicks.

As noted before, W10 has a W7-like mode and a W8-like mode. In my opinion, its better than both -- unless you have software that simply will not run on W10 (Microsoft Media Center is the only app we used that doesn't work on W10).

So if you missed the chance to upgrade for free and thereby save up to $120, here's the

Article

[Edit] WHOOPS. Posted a few minutes too soon. A last minute hang up during installation. We'll see if it is fixable or fixes itself.

[Edit 2] IT WORKED on the second try.

Last edited by Allen; 01/04/17 05:01 AM. Reason: Update Installation Test Info

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro