Originally Posted By: Paradaz
Just for some perspective here.....

When I say 1440p, I mean the single monitor at 1440p (which is the standard meaning of 1440p). I try to use standard terminology.

I'm a game mod addict who adds all the high textures and extras that "third party" modders add to "stock" games (where its possible). So, that drops FPS -- measurably, but rarely perceptibly (to me).

For example, Fallout 4 was running above 60fps (my max monitor refresh rate). I added all the third party bells and whistles. In the worst case, FPS dropped to a minimum of 14 or so in one very limited scene. In other places it dropped to a minimum of just under 30fps. Those were not averages -- they were minimums. Only the 14FPS area looked "jerky" to my eyes. But, other eyes would vary.

Playing Skyrim SE lately. Again above 60 until I loaded it up. Now in the 40s. Looks good to me.

Yes, this is the AMD fan thread smile

But, I have tried to make it clear that "until we see the unbiased, 3d party tests" we won't know. So, I always poke in the words -- rumor, speculation, leak, etc. I would hate for someone to buy something because I personally misrepresented it. Rather, my aim is to provide fun information.

We'll see how it all turns out later when the Ryzen and Vega actually are being sold to the public.

Meantime, I assume Intel CPUs will still provide an edge in most games. And, Nvidia will do what it has to do to provide a card that beats AMD in FPS. However, I expect the "bang for buck" odds to favor AMD. We'll see if my "speculation" turns out true or false smile

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro