I have tried to compile a huge resource of information I found and apply it to all planes in WOFF UE, but if you notice any oversights or mistakes on my part, they are not attributed to Bletchley.

Type 1. Fine fuel adj., but fixed (air) throttle (always on 100% or off, engine can be 'leaned' in flight but not throttled back), and has a blip-switch. e.g. Gnome Monosoupape 100 hp rotary

DH2
Bristol Scout:
the 80 hp Gnome was used until the second half of 1915, until 80 hp Le Rhones were substituted. RNAS used Bristol Scouts powered by the 100 hp Gnome Monosoupape.

Type 2. Fine fuel adj., and (air) throttle control (not linked, so any change in throttle setting also requires a change in mixture setting, and the mixture also needs to be leaned as altitude increases). Engine power range from 50% - 100%, below 50% it will cut out (see footnote1). Has a blip-switch. e.g. Le Rhone, Clerget, Bentley rotary engines.

DH5
MoraneL
Nieuport10C1
NieuportN11
Nieuport12
NieuportN16
Nieuport 17
Nieuport 17lewis
Nieuport 23lewis
Nieuport 23
NieuportN17Bis
NieuportN24
NieuportN24Lewis
NieuportN24BisLewis
SopwithStrutter
SopwithStrutterB1
camel
CamelBentley
Snipe
SopwithPup
SopwithTripe
SopwithTripe2G
FokkerDII
FokkerDIII
FokkerDR1
FokkerEI
FokkerEII
FokkerEIII
FokkerEIV
FokkerEV
PfalzAI
PfalzEIII

Type 3. Fine fuel adj., and (air) throttle control (but linked together, so that any change in throttle setting automatically changes the mixture setting, so mixture setting requires only to be leaned as altitude increases and NOT as throttle setting changes). Engine power range from 0% to 100%. e.g. all non-rotary engines (i.e. Stationary) inline and v-type.

DH4
BristolF2b
RAFBE12
RAFBE12HD
RE8
Se5
Se5a
se5a-viper
SpadVII
Spad13
Breguet14A2
FokkerDVIIF:
the BMW IIIa engine had a separate altitude lever, hence Type 3, unlike most other German high altitude engines where the altitude control was integrated with the throttle movement

Type 4. As Type 3, but with no altitude compensation control (DO NOT use Mixture), i.e. you can throttle back or forward, but altitude still affects max ceiling.

FE2b
CaudronG4
RAFBE2cEarly
RAFBE2c
RAFBE2cHD
AlbDI
AlbDII
AlbDIIIearly
AlbDIIIOAW
AlbDIII
AlbDV
AlbDVlater
AlbDVa
AlbDVa200
AviatikBII
AviatikBI
AviatikCI
DFWCV
FokkerDVII
FokkerDVIIOAW
GothaGIV
HalbDII
HalbDIII
hannover
PfalzDIIIa
RolandCII

Type 5. use Type 3, but limit throttle to 0-5-3-1 on the keyboard

NieuportN27
NieuportN27Lewis

Type 6. Rumpler CIV use WOFF default controls.

NOTES:
- Use manual engine start for best immersion.
- Fly at max air speed during combat.
- Either engine cut (ctrl+E) or Fuel cut can be used during prolonged dives when appropriate.
- Blip used during taxi or landing only.

footnote1: for the 80 hp Le Rhone it was quoted in Great War Aeroplanes Association (GWAA) Great Times vol.6 issue 4: 'The rpm range of these engines is about 500-600 rpm at idle, static, and 1200-1300 rpm at full throttle in flight... [and] ...that 500 rpm you had on the ground at idle is over 650 rpm in a glide.' i.e. because the windmilling of the prop is said to add another 100-150 rpm during flight.

Last edited by OldHat; 12/30/16 05:52 AM. Reason: added comments