Originally Posted By: dutch
We will see, because it is become rather difficult now TeamFusion is going to be commercial and has now the source code from CLOD, thanks to 1C. BoX is going towards 64bit/DirectX11 and the much needed sp campaign mode, while DCS also seems to have its improvements.

The actual Woff'ers do not have to be convince about OBD's splendid workmanship, if having patience we all know this will be good, only I think this would be a hell of task to reach the players outside the Woff scene.

Have to tell a little story about this. I bought WoFF a week ago, never even heard about it until a few weeks ago.
Normally i am a MP pilot only, mostly doing dynamic campaigns with my squadron.
Read about WoFF in the BoS Forums, there is a topic about this new project WotR, and people were talking about WoFF. Before that i thought i already own all "real" and to-date combat sims (1946, CloD, RoF, BoX, Falcon, DCS), so i was astonished to miss this one, until i heard it's SP only, which really doesn't interest me at all (at least i thought so). I read all about it regardless, and started watching some of the rare Youtube videos out there..started asking questions to people in the BoS forum who own it. Then there is the issue, that i only have Internet with blocked ports (University) for a couple of month, so not able to fly online for that time. I was thinking about keeping in shape in SP, but all those Sims i mentioned just weren't fun. So i started seriously thinking about WoFF...the high asking price still put me off. Not in the position currently to spend 100 bucks (including taxes) on a game i am going to shelve after 3 hours because i get bored - which was an expected outcome, looking at the other Sims. Well long story short - i took the risk and bought it at 25% off. Didn't look back since then. So far i am in my 17th mission into the dynamic campaign, and i love it. Never thought you can have that much fun in a single player flight sim. It's leaps and bounds ahead any other Sim in single player. I see myself keep on flying it now and then even when i got my proper Internet back. And i am definitely gonna invest in the WW2 project as well..
What i wanted to say with that small story - if this game can seduce me, and drag me over from the other (MP) side, it should be a no-brainer for every single-player focused simmer. Seriously, if i would only fly SP, this would be the only Sim i need.