Originally Posted By: Sokol1
Originally Posted By: Kbird

Do you add the 1N4148 Diode to one of the Button wires in the TQS Handle ? which one ? or does it matter ? or best to do it in the Base just before the Arduino ? ( I have read in the thread that this is for debouncing the buttons and a Hat is really 4 buttons,so I already bought some)

In what pin of button put the diode don't matter.
In HAT you will notice 4 wires and one common - because there are 4 switches internally, in this case put one diode in 4 individual wires.

You can put the diodes in a breadboard on base, but in this case you need run 2 wires for each button on grip.
The diodes in buttons save some wires, but require more attention with wire order.

The diode don't need by exactly in the switch pin, can be in middle of the wire running for then, if switch are in difficult to access place.

Quote:

The Keyboard Cable and port on the F16 FLCS is actually AT style , not PS2 but the number of wires is the same I think? 5 , but I think I will Wire the FLCS as one Joystick and the TQS and Rudders connected as another , so I was thinking I could just use the original Rudder to TQS Gameport plug ? but perhaps not, it may need a direct Wire Connection to the Arduino so I would need to add a 15pin Game Port Connector with accessible soldering points.

The format PS2/DIN or DB15 or DB9... don't matter if has the number of pins and wires you need for plug the pedal.
You need 5 wires for pedal, study what connector will be more convenient use.

Quote:

*** Edit ..maybe I misunderstood ? .... more reading and now I think I am not reusing the TQS or FLCS Circuit Boards at all , everything is wired to the Arduino in each base instead.

PS. maybe this is getting too Off Topic for MMJoy2 Thread and I should start another for FLCS_TQS Conversion ?

Yes, unless the Shift Register board on FLCS grip, need remove all other boards.

Is good idea you make a specific topic for FLCS+TQS conversion, make easy other people use as guide. wink

Thanks , more good info thumbsup , I did not realise from the reading I needed a Diode on EACH switch in the POV HAT, ie I wasn't thinking about them as 4 individual switches, one for each direction , so one diode on all 4 wires ...lots of Soldering to do then , I'm glad I got a good Soldering Iron after all these years with a Fine Tip as there appears to be 19 wires in the TQS Handle , not sure what is what yet though.

So both TQS and FLCS PCB's are taken out of their Bases to make room for the Arduino Boards ...Thanks for that clarification too...

I think I have old Gameport and Serial Mouse Cables in my Computer Hardware "Junk" , so I will have to see which is easier to use and what I have that can be reused.

Good thing you are still following this Topic Sokol1 , otherwise I might not attempt this , so thanks.

@Repvez I have taken lots of pictures for my own reference so far incase I break something but I have not actually Started the Mod other than opening stuff up and trying to figure some stuff out.

KB.

Last edited by Kbird; 12/26/16 11:05 PM.

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1