Originally Posted By: Dart
Mine was GI Joe related.

All the other kids were getting all the GI Joe accessories, including the vaunted Jeep And Trailer With Searchlight, but there just wasn't that kind of money for my household for stuff like that. Kids being kids, I got teased somewhat for not having any of that stuff, including making me wait to play to account for the fact my GI Joe had to walk to the battlefield.

So on Christmas Eve I was expecting socks and a bag of plastic Army Men, when I was presented a small box.

Mom had sewn a new uniform for him and a set of TA-50 for him, from web gear to a ruck sack to a parachute rig. She did a really, really good job with it and no doubt spent hours expertly hand sewing it. She had even sewn a little set of jump wings on the uniform.

So the next time us kids played with our GI Joes, mine was already waiting for the guys in the Jeep, having jumped into the conflict.

I was not only the envy of the neighborhood for having cool stuff, but for having the best Mom ever.

Now, that's an awesome mom. I had a 'Pulsar' action figure, and his clothing got destroyed, and my mom sewed a new outfit for him. I had an awesome mom too.