Originally Posted By: Patarames
The very stealthy tacit blue would then have -35 DBSM at X-band and ~-13 DBSM at VHF band (delta of 22 DBSM) in other words, 0,0003m² vs 0,05m² RCS.

I wonder if this ~+22 DBSM VHF-band effect of this interpretation of the US document scale would proportionally apply to a -30DBSM F-35 class target, bringing it down to -8 DBSM or 0,16m².

More than 20 years have passed since Tacit Blue's first flight (1982) and the F-35 first flight (2006) so it's safe to assume that Stealth technology evolved a LOT since then (early 1980's).

In the end, while VHF and UHF radars in theory emits more powerful radio waves than for example X-Band radars granting them a slight improvement on detection range against stealth aircraft they still emit radio waves which can be deflected and/or absorbed (like the radio waves of a X-band radar).

What I mean is that I doubt that the F-35 RCS (the most modern stealth aircraft in the world) against a Nebo-M radar would be in the order of 0.16m² as you claim.

Originally Posted By: Patarames

I think jamming to further reduce the detection range of enemy radars is a last ditch measure for stealth aircraft, used only if their location is compromised and emitter silence can be brocken. In a modern IADS environment and emitting jamming could lead to detection by passive systems or enable a ordinary S-300 missile to switch to HOJ for engagement.

I believe that here you're confusing self-defence jamming such as is provided with pods/jammers like the ALQ-184 with dedicated Electronic Warfare Jamming that aircraft like the EA-18G Growler and of course the F-35 can do.

A traditional self-defence jamming that is found in many/most modern combat aircraft basically create a "noise cloud" around the aircraft which means that while it will be much harder to lock an aircraft while using its own self-defence jammer it will be easier to detect this same aircraft or more precisely to detect the "noise cloud" its jammer created.
This is what you described.

However, the F-35 as well as dedicated EW aircraft (like the EA-18G) can directly jam the radar source, so what you have in this case is basically a beam of noise directly pointed towards the radar source which will directly degrade the ability of this radar to detect anything at longer distances. Resuming this kind of jamming won't or shouldn't appear on the radar scope since this kind of jamming is directly degrading the radar detection ability.