Originally Posted By: Hpasp
My guess would be:
biggrin

This interpretation is closer to what Russians claim than my 1 DBSM per unit guess.

The very stealthy tacit blue would then have -35 DBSM at X-band and ~-13 DBSM at VHF band (delta of 22 DBSM) in other words, 0,0003m² vs 0,05m² RCS.

I wonder if this ~+22 DBSM VHF-band effect of this interpretation of the US document scale would proportionally apply to a -30DBSM F-35 class target, bringing it down to -8 DBSM or 0,16m².

I would also like to know at what range the Nebo-M could detect a 0,05 VHF-band tacit blue if its detection range against a 1m² target is 510km.

Whats more: The 92N6E X-band engagement radar of the S-400 has a range of 185km against a 0,4m² target. At no point its able to illuminate a target at 380km which is the claimed max. range of the S-400. So either the new long range 40N6 missile of the S-400 is equipped with a ARH seeker or they use some sort of trick to do it. It should be possible that the 92N6E would just illuminate the space in which the search radar have spotted something and guide the missile via data link towards it. Then in terminal phase the 40N6 would at one (late) point pick up the reflections and switch from data-link/command guidance to SARH, while the 92N6E radar is still out of range and cant track the target.

I think jamming to further reduce the detection range of enemy radars is a last ditch measure for stealth aircraft, used only if their location is compromised and emitter silence can be brocken. In a modern IADS environment and emitting jamming could lead to detection by passive systems or enable a ordinary S-300 missile to switch to HOJ for engagement.