Originally Posted By: masaV
im new at forum and i have guestion, i looking interesting mmjoy but not understand all good. i have at hoem now arduino micro board, mega32u4 chip, and what more i need can use ?

Make sure that your Arduino board is ATMEGA32u4, 16 MHZ, 5V. 8MHZ or 3,3v is not compatible.
Check the compatible Arduinos models in first postage of this topic.

You don't need nothing more than download MMJOY2 firmware package and "flash" the ARDUINO using their USB cable.
After configure your "joystick" parameters (name, number of axis, number of buttons...) using MMJoy2Setup and are ready to add potentiometers, swtiches... and use in games.

Quote:

i need only all analog pin input, i made my own yuoke,bedals,trottle,trimm wheels, and brake to cocpit.
but im not sure what i need and can i add all 12 analog pin use my FSX ?

Arduino PRO Micro pinout limit analog inputs to 6 axis.
Other Arduino versions, example Teensy++ 2.0 increase for 8 axis - what is Windows D.Input limit, for use 12 axis you need use two Arduinos.

Quote:

need me sift register chip ? or can i add all potentiometer to right micro input ?
what external parts i need ?

Shift Register is optional- for convenience - for hook switches, encoders, but is not required. In the same way Arduino "shield" *support PCB is for convenience, look, use or not depends on your assembly skills.

For connect axis (potentiometer, sensors...) you just need wires and PLUG - what can be made with "2.54mm Single Row Female Pin Header".

Quote:

newbie guestion have now, how i can start first analog input board test and what i need all micro 12 analog pin working
and have code hex file ? how i burn code to micro ? need me usbasp ( i have) or other parts ?

No USBASP need, just the Arduino (example PRO Micro), USB compatible cable (Arduinos use mini-USB) and download the MMJoy2 package (MMJoy2Setup and firmware). No code knowledge or manipulation is needed.

Quote:

yesteday run mmjoy program but no understand lot, this has only 8 input to axis , why ? if my micro can use 12 pin analog input software have only 8 axis ?
or need me add drivers and micro connected too to my laptop and then select chip have micro 32u4 and then come all 12 input axis ??

Again, 8 axis is Windows limit, their "Game Controllers" in Windows Control Panel see only 8 axis.

Quote:

i no understand what maniac people have need lot buttons to same chip ?
better way i thi nk have use all analog input to mmjoy and use other board all buttons and switch if made real full cocpit to flight.

Some people want no use more the keyboard, so need a lot of buttons. Falcon 4.0 for example count hundreds of commands. smile

Quote:

I need only help how i start my first mmjoy ardunio micro and all analog pin use
i no understand all and how start what chip and parts need ?
i have 10 pcs 10K potentiometers now and digital and analog hall sensor, (what this used? digital or analog? )
need me other chip too if use all micro 12 analog input ?

MMJoy2 can control 8 axis (for 12 use two Arduinos).
This axis can be analog: potentiomters or HALL sensor (Allegro a 1324EUAT, Honeywell SS495A1...)
Or digital using TLE5010 or TLE5011 contact less magnet resistive sensor.

Quote:

how burn code and firmware to chip ?
what programmer and software need ?
usbasp? atmel flip ? or what need ?

You need:
Compatible Arduino board (check first postage).
MMjoy2 firmware.
Software: MMJoy2Setup (pay attention that firmware and sofware have the same date in version number).
USB A - USB mini-B cable: (check in your Arduino, some versions can use different socket), sample of cable: http://www.liquidware.com/shop/show/USB-M/6+inch+Type+B-Mini+USB+Cable - but get one with ~1,5 meters if available or will be need A/A extenstion.

RTFM Read the instructions:
http://www.geneb.org/mmjoy2/pro-micro-instructions.pdf
https://github.com/MMjoy/mmjoy_en/wiki/Firmware-upload