Oh...My...God!

I just bought UE. I was given the discount code, but had trouble entering it, ran out of patience and figured I'd take the plunge anyway.

I'm telling you: The French two seaters are nice, but minor. The airfields and terrain are a nice touch. The performance improvement is what completely changes the game. I don't even feel like I'm playing WOFF but a worthy successor.

I just finished a 10 on 10 battle at low altitude, late war planes, basically daring the game to bog down. The only time it stuttered was when I first swivelled my head, and I think that's Track IR trying to figure out what's going on. After that, the entire battle I never broke below 50 FPS. At one point in a 1:1 on duel I was over 70, and I landed at 79 FPM. The fight just felt different, the planes just a little faster, the movements much smoother.

Time acceleration, which was always enough to bring me to 2 FPS but a necessary evil for making sure my teammates got home on campaign? No longer an issue.

I get that it's a major investment. It is for me as well. But I promise you, if you love this game, then when you're finally ready to take the plunge you won't regret it. Kudos OBD!