My point is that it doesn't matter what GPU you might look at buying......a graph that shows only bang per buck without any reference to performance is useless.

The graph in the posts above is absolutely propaganda.....its sole use is to show that the two AMD cards are far 'better' than the three Nvidia cards. Who in the right mind would use that information as any basis of buying a card other than someone blinded only by the AMD brand.

As for your TV/film 24fps mention, thats totally irrelevant in comparison to gaming. Its not the same at all due to the techniques used (mainly how shutter speed works together with motion blur). As you're also aware, maximum framerates aren't the be all and end. all........but minimum framerates can easily break a game - another important factor missing from
a graph that only shows bang per buck.

I have 60hz monitors too, but I also have a VR headset so 90fps becomes a very important number - being able to tell the difference between 60fps and 90fps is not part of it at all....and also a performance indicator that the graphs totally bypass.

If you look at other reviews of the RX 480 playing BF1 @ 4k in DX12 (what your graph is reflecting) you'll see that it gets an average under 30fps with dips well under which make the game unplayable as it stutters under the workload. You can see there how a 'bang per buck' graph doesn't show you the value you would really have......unless of course that value is measured in frustration and disappointment.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.