Everyone pretty much knew that the SQ42 thing was going to be delayed. I just wish they would have showed something since they said for a month that they were going to display some sq42 stuff.

The delay though is no big deal. I dont think people understand how big SQ42 actually is.

They have a 1255 page script (movie type) which equals out to be 20+ hours.
They have motion captured and audio captured the script already and confirmed it is 20+ hours of material.
The game will be 60+ missions across 28 chapters equal to about 40-60 hours of gameplay with branching mission structure.

I dont even think they ever planned to have Sq42 out by end of this year. They were hoping to have the first chapter ready or the first 2-3 missions playable. I think they ran into issues with the AI though. Obviously though they probably wont even have the full game of sq42 ready by the end of 2017. But I do expect a large part of it to be playable during 2017. I hope they stick with their original plan of releasing it in chapter format instead of waiting and releasing the whole thing at once. But I dont think anything is confirmed as far as release goes other than "not this year."