Quote:
Wall Street analyst says Intel chip better than Zen

A Wall Street analyst, with no thought to his personal safety, has dared to question what AMD fans have been telling us for ages – Zen will bring about peace on earth, cure cancer and above all give Intel a good kicking.

However, Christopher Danely with Citigroup has bravely claimed that with its “Kaby Lake” family of processors, Intel remains a “step-function ahead of AMD Zen when Zen chips are released in Q416”...

See we AMD fans at SimHQ can "take __it" and smile smile

Anyhow, the article is probably correct. AMD will be one node of experience behind Intel. As the Intel 14nm is a step in their architecture path but is all new to AMD (so AMDs version may not be "perfect").

However, that may only translate to about a 5 to 15 percent per core-clock advantage for Intel. Far less than the advantage has been recently. And, I would claim that 15 percent in a CPU will not be truly noticeable in most uses (in the office or home).

Moreover, the AMD 8 core / 16 thread processors may be selling for enough less than Intel that AMD would be the "rational choice" for most uses. Although, I expect most would buy Intel due to previous purchases and brand recognition.

However, we'll see. Nothing may turn out like I expect. It would not be the first time (I still remember "Bulldozer") smile

Competition is good smile

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro