Originally Posted By: Alien_MasterMynd
Thnaks, but something remains for me.

I know about angular velocity as I wrote, but what about target distance (it is linked to angular velocity, but you have to know at least the missile-target velocity) and missile-target velocity (GSN knows the doppler frequency). So how the correct time moment is calculated?

You can have a big "PROMACH" (miss distance), especially in case of close and/or highly reflective target, and warhead would detonate if you relied only on angular velocity.

In Hpasp case it is a way to deal with jamming target...

In case of non-jamming scenario it is using change in Doppler frequency shift... Have in mind, that until the last radiofuse block is released, the missile is guided to the target, and after GSN lock is lost, there are just fraction of seconds until missile and target passing by each other - as missile has speed between 800 to more than 1000 m/s (!) (check our Tu-154 investigation), so in most cases the target is really near....

When GSN lock is broken, the doppler frequency at that moment is memorized, and when the difference between the memorized value and the current value (as missile continued to the point of impact) became ~ 8 KHz, the radiofuse is activating the warhead is detonating....

Here, the best I found... Radiofuse S-200 (5V21 maybe)

Last edited by piston79; 09/09/16 08:09 PM.