Originally Posted By: - Ice

Why bother? Why not just say "meh, fk this!" and walk away? Because you like the game. Because you like the sim. Because you want to fly it, notice a flaw, look up some evidence that shows some values are off, go to the forums to see if it could be fixed.... BAM! Banned!

This to me looks like:
-Why you stalled?
-Because I got scared of the ground coming up and pulled harder.

If you like the game and you want a flaw you think you saw corrected and you have "some proof" you need also to modulate your approach. These are the rules. And almost like in life... they are not clear... they are interpret-able, mostly by the "law giver". It is you who needs to adapt and not try to hide/shield behind some idealist customer service.

It's not our fault the game has bugs. It's not our fault the game has inconsistencies. It's not our fault ED can't face either of these facts. But we are punished for it with bans. We like this game. It is worth our time. Unfortunately, ED doesn't think we're worth their time.

This kind of interpretation only gives you head aches and bad feelings.

Also, this doesn't hold up to Force10's situation. He wasn't even posting!! But he got a light tap of the ban hammer anyway.

Yea but he also is very chill about it.

"Getting banned from a forum I never use is pretty much a non-issue for me however."

Community: This part of the sim is broken!
ED: Show me proof.
C: Here you go, clear as day.
E: I don't accept that proof.
C: Here's another one. And here's how it works in real life as proof as well.
E: I don't accept that proof.
C: Well, what would you accept?
E: Show me proof.
Crazy!!

You have the recipe correct only at the end you interpret it wrong I think. Is not like ED is some sort of religion and no matter what you say they will reject "Evolution". They just tell you your proof is not good enough. What if you are wrong several times in a row? Is it really impossible?

Turn the problem upside down. What is your bug actually? Is it a small bug or a conspiracy trail? Say that bug with A-10C engines not pulling all the percents at some points. What is that bug? A conspiracy of ED to degrade A-10C legacy? Imho that would be ridiculous so if I see them stubborn about that issue then maybe either they have a secret source or a better source or they have a contract with USAF to make A-10c a bit... weaker for others eyes. IN this case they will not move one inch and they will push hard back.

Another point --- How can the "solid and more sensitive" documentation be different from what documentation and real-life performance Snoopy and Noodle are showing?

If Snoopy and Noodle were Yo-Yo's friends I am sure their real life experience would count a bit more. Not being in that case I think you can agree they will have harder time convincing with just that.

You must be a great customer. You buy a car, it doesn't work as advertised, but you don't go back to the dealer to complain because you're scared of being thrown out the window.

No... I simply have a contract that say he is covering only the engine and gearbox and not the wiring of the ventilation fan engine. True story biggrin I don't like battles where is clear as day I will lose.

Is that how they do customer support in France or Romania?

They are different... from each other biggrin.

If I were selling ice cream...

Now imagine you are selling icecream online to hundred of thousands of people. Some like to trash your store...some just complain... put together they will add to some good some that will fill you quite a few days to tackle the "smile approach". If not enough... Try imagine yo are selling that icecream online in Russia also... wink

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Yes... don't get banned again biggrin !

Originally Posted By: zaelu
Also... ED stopped giving dead lines a good while ago.

Really?...

...we plan
...is still on track...

Sounds like deadlines to me!

As you can see... it is your choice to translate "we plan" and "is still on track" with "Sure Deadline"

bottles

Last edited by zaelu; 09/02/16 06:35 PM.