Originally Posted By: - Ice

Maybe a person doesn't get banned if he's just a nobody making silly comments? Maybe once someone gains credibility or brings forward documents and evidence that highlights ED's flaws, once that someone can start making ED loose face, they set the trigger-happy ban moderators on them? Like I said, we're not entirely sure where the line is, or if there is any line at all!

'Suppose it's like that. Then why bother? Because you payed 60$? You got the game... if it's not worth it like 99% of the other games then... let it go. But this... oh... it would have been perfect if this thing was in it so lets pull the line till it breaks doesn't sound good tactic.

I invite you to investigate why Snoopy and Noodle have recently been banned from the ED forums then. Time and patience? These guys have been in the community since FOREVER. I joined DCS A10C around Beta 3 or Beta 4, just after they took out the Nevada terrain. I know Snoopy was around at that time. That's a LOOOONG time ago. Credibility? I'm sure with a little searching, you'll know what those guys do for a living. If anyone can "word fencing" with ED regarding the A10, it's them!

I disagree. If they got banned they got banned for two possible extreme reasons. Either they didn't know how to word fence and they offended that forum (let's say like that) or that forum is crazy and there is no good reason to care about it that much. Between these extreme points... we can plot possible realities. But they will be between these pylons.

Example. I had a friend that was very knowledgeable about Mi-8. I had the Mi-8 module way before him and at that time I didn't even know him better and I was in the Mi-8 cockpit (with another friend also in Mi-8) and this guy used to describe what we saw and what is for like he was there and living in it for 20 years. I don't remember of something he said about Mi-8 that wasn't true in the end but... his mind was not glue together very well. He couldn't stand a forum. He got nervous and started endless rantings about trivial things... like why Belsimtek doesn't put the side door ladder, or the internal supplementary fuel tank, etc. In the end he got some hospital days and slowly departed from our group. When he was lucid he was an interesting fellow... but...

I don't say or know Snoopy and Noodle are in same case... but neither ED. World is full of people that feel... misplaced... and angered.

I understood that ED asked for sources and disagree with the ones provided. For me this is either end of the problem or a need for different sources or approach. Afaik ED modeled A-10 after a contract with USAF for the trainers. Their documentation must have been solid and probably "sensitive". So they might say... look... I have my sources but they are secret. You either provide me some proof that beats hands down what I have and can't disclose or we end the discussion.

I imagine if something similar would happen about a Su-27 module made at A10C level someone would get tense about an attempt of espionage also... you know... fishing to find what exactly the other knows...

All I know is if Einstein was wrong... I don't go at his house and get thrown out of the window after trying to convince him for nothing. Either he is "crazy"... or me... or something in between.

If you want to say is not about talk friends but customer-seller relation... we can add that customers have a lot of myths that are not true about this relation.

Then there's Force10 and other users, both here and on Reddit and other forums that have been banned from the ED forums because of what they've said on a DIFFERENT forum.

As I said... it makes sense this. If you sell Icecream and a guy says something bad (in your entitled opinion) about your shop while standing on the line with other customers... you revoke his rights to buy from you... right? At some point at least which you decide where it is. Now what if that guy goes to the next Gelateria and starts talking about your shop the same way (before any ban so it matters in this argument)... What do you do? You smile to him when he comes to your shop to buy? Right... In heaven maybe smile .

Originally Posted By: zaelu
I think you overestimate somethings in your judgment.

I am curious what you think Daz has overestimated and why you say so?

I think is an overestimation the effect of "customers getting fed up with the way their own message boards are handled? They lose customers, they lose money....they'll only have themselves to blame." Nothing actually happens. ED takes even more punitive measures than necessary because things like those arguments might get blown out of proportion and yes... it's kinda the user fault for getting into this.

Imagine... A-10C is a bad product because someone says the engine should output 103.2% instead of 102.9%... in some situation. Would you like your product to be trashed or tragged in a PR mess because someone says he knows such thing?

The reality of this world is that if you missed your deadlines (which you set yourself!) as often as ED missed theirs, you'd be out of a job.

You should visit France biggrin . Kidding. I think delays are everywhere. It's a matter of how you make them acceptable... tolerable. Also... ED stopped giving dead lines a good while ago.