Quote:
...but the point is that just because you don't like a particular company doesn't mean that everything they do is 'bad practice' which is pretty much the vibe given off in this thread whenever Nvidia is mentioned...

For the record, I personally don't hate Nvidia -- they make excellent graphics cards. I have bought them in the past. I have an expensive Nvidia powered tablet.

Its not dumb to buy Nvidia. Many here just buy the best available GPU, independent of manufacturer. I agree with that practice.

But, this is the "AMD fan" thread smile

We're not "cheer leading" -- that would be gross. Mostly, we simply report things about AMD -- often merely by quoting an article (rather than giving our own opinion). But, we try to be accurate. That is, if AMD "blows it" (like they did with the FX CPU design), we say so. If they seem to have an advantage over Intel or Nvidia (the only real competitors), we say so.

The object here is NOT to "bash" Nvidia -- or even to say much about them -- this is the AMD thread. However, we occasionally note reasons why we're AMD fans. In doing so, its natural to "make a comparison" that's not favorable to Intel or Nvidia. Normally, its not their products that are an issue with me personally, its their business practices (that I have watched for decades now).

Anyhow, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. On this AMD thread, it makes sense that one will occasionally see statements favorable to AMD that others don't agree with. Its also true, one might see statements unfavorable to a competitor (that others don't agree with).

If AMD "owned the market" and Intel and Nvidia were minor players, I imagine AMD would start acting in ways that I would not approve of -- Power Corrupts. Competition is good. smile

This is just an opinion statement and an explanation of why one would tend to see "anti-Nvidia" statements here from time to time. Its not an argument. And, I don't expect everyone to agree with my thoughts. smile

For what its worth smile

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro