Originally Posted By: JJJ65
Originally Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

I'm not sure I understand how a mod can violate the copyright so I would appreciate a clarification on the issue. Can we as users implement this mod as a JSGME or do we have to go into the WOFF code and make some changes to make it work.

So do I. I do not understand it either. I am not able to answer your question. Maybe ODB Software guys?
From my point of view - we can implement this mod for WOFF2 as JSGME without any problem, but for WOFF3 we need assistance/approval of OBD.

Regarding the red text above, I can attest that many mods have been made for WOFF3 and been hosted on the official WOFF site without any specific approval process, so I am not sure I understand why your mod is any different. Actually all mods that are hosted on the WOFF official site have readme files that specifically identify the following disclaimer:

"IMPORTANT NOTES:
OBD offer NO SUPPORT for this MOD AT ALL - Use at your own risk.
If you have problems with WOFF after using this mod OBD will ask you to deactivate it before offering any support.
Note: Remember it is advised to deactivate all your mods before upgrading to the latest WOFF Patch or release
"

If a mod can in some way violate a WOFF3 copyright, It would be nice to know how to avoid such a situation and where the limits of modding lie. I would not want to violate any copyrights, as I have a great deal of respect for OBD.

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 07/27/16 09:11 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4