It's widely accepted that AMDs drivers in the past haven't been great, they certainly haven't been as regular to keep up with the flow of games. Asd I said I my last card was a 290X about 2 years ago so unless it's drastically improved since then it's perfectly valid - I certainly don't recall AMD offering day 1 driver updates for the latest games but could be mistaken.

Trumping by Nvidia?... well that's fact in terms of performance. You can roll your eyes as much as you want but I'm speaking from experience from owning most of AMDs and Nvidia cards in recent years...buying and selling one level behind the top-end curve - AMD have always released value for money cards which is why I plumped for the 7970 and 290X at the time, however Nvidia have always had the card for pure performance - granted, they have often gone for brute horsepower than efficiency but whether you look to the 290/390 or Fury X of recent years Nvidia have always had an equivalent pushing better frame rates in most games, only the most ardent fanboy would even attempt to argue that.

In terms of current cards I'm going off Skate/Allen's posts above.....the R480 isn't challenging the 1080 and it was never attempting or designed to, however if the 490 is going to be the card to challenge the 1080 as discussed above then it's not going to be challenging top end performance because the 1080Ti is going to push the bar much higher than it is now. There's nothing fanboy about saying that whatsoever, we have no idea what the RX490 or 1080GTX performance will really be but like I said it's a comment based on what the guys above are saying. Perhaps you think the RX490 will have performance above and beyond the current GTX1080?

Sounds like you just want an argument for the sake of it which wouldn't be the first time. Perhaps you need to discuss it further with Skate/Allen because RX490 performance that matches GTX 1080 in a few months time isn't going to get everyone that excited if the 1080Ti is another level above.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.