Originally Posted By: Troll
Originally Posted By: buccaneer89
I finished my buttons box and everything is working bar the enconders.

Try setting "timer off" to yes.

I've tried this and it didn't work.
The moment I put the physical buttons in the encoder part of the program I don't get any more virtual button presses.

I have the encoder connected as a normal button so that means with resistors. That might be a problem but I don't see how it is in this case since this encoder is a level encoder, not a pulse encoder.

So from what I understand there are two types of encoders.

-Pulse encoders will give you a pulse during a few milliseconds every time you rotate to the left on one of the poles, and every time you rotate to the right on the other pole.
-Level poles will have 3 levels: no voltage on any pole, rotate to the left and one pole will get voltage, rotate again and the other pole gets voltage, rotate again and no voltage on any pole.

My encoders are level encoders which if I don't assign anything they work perfectly on the hardware buttons. But once I configure them they don't work. So I presume something I am doing in the configuration is wrong.

Additional notes
I am using shift registers.
And this are the schematics used.
http://i.imgur.com/jhTKIuh.jpg

So the encoder is connected to ground on the common central pole and as buttons on the side poles.