I'm skeptic about whether the XB1 project Scorpio and PSX will actually compete with gaming PCs with top end video cards...

The "nextgen" consoles were originally advertised as supposed to compete with the gaming PCs a couple of years ago too, but as someone who bought both a XB1 and PS4 and like them just fine, the graphics quality (AA/AF) and framerate never even matched what my i5-2500k and GTX560 gaming PC could do, nevermind the top end video cards of the time.

My guess is that these higher end consoles just allow 4K resolution and higher textures compared to the baseline consoles, but no better AA/AF or higher framerate than the current console standards which is usually 30FPS and some jaggies.

I'd be amazed if they ever compete with a top end gaming PC and GPU like a GTX 1080 or AMD 490, I'd love to be proven wrong, but their track record on delivering any "nextgen" console wow factor compared to a top end PC is not good, more like just barely meeting what a mid priced budget gaming PC can do.

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift