Hi. So I'm here to report some progress for those who are interested. Just recently we managed to get the hydraulic counterbalance system (on 2P24) working, luckily the whole automatic still works so it wasn't such a big deal in the end. I took a video of operation. Unfortunately the camera recording the actuator wasn't on so I only have pictures. Hopefully I'll take a better video next time. If I feel like unscrewing 20 screws while taking off the covering.... biggrin So here it is. The purpose of the system is to balance the weight of ty rocket by hydraulic pressure (around 12MPa). In the first picture you can see the whole setup (there are two total - one for each rocket). The green big thing at the top is an accumulator, under it there is a hydraulic pump and it's motor and there is an oil tank at the left corner. The second picture shows the piston of the pneumatic accumulator when unpressurized and the last picture when it's pressurized (fully in). The accumulator also serves as the pressure switch (microswitches on the piston itself). And finaly a video of the operator's panel during the operation. The pump takes around 300A of current while near the end of the cycle, that's why only one pump can run at the time. This part of the system doesn't need the AC supply so it works only from batteries (27V starting power source in our case).

Last edited by Jarda1S32; 06/06/16 08:13 PM.