Originally Posted By: Allen

Presentation last night showed Crossfired performance of $229 version slightly better than single NVidia 1080 (at least in the game shown). We'll see.

To be released June 29th.

So, as noted above, initial Polaris releases are aimed at "normal people" with limited gaming budgets who want to play everything full speed on a new 2K monitor -- not those with extra money who want the "very fastest regardless of cost" or want multi 2K or 4K monitors (Eyefinity or SLI) at very high speed smile

Based on the above 2x480s crossfired performing like a 1080 probably means the 480 is about the same as a 980 which 2 SLI'ed equal the performance of a single 1080... so that's a good deal $229 for 980 like performance, that's sure to help the price of the 980 drop in the next few weeks along with the 1080/1070 coming out. We won't truly know until it's in the hands of reviewers and benchmarked.

BTW if you look at the Steam Hardware Survey the most popular GPU is the GTX 970 which has been in the $300-$350 range for 18months, so I think if AMD is going to ignore that segment of the market (which will now be ready to upgrade to a 1070 or AMD equivalent) they are passing up a lot of potential sales.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

I'm glad to see them have a good bang for the buck card which the 480 appears to be but also would love something that competes with the 1070 or even 1080.

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift