Quote:
...the only thing that sways me is when Nvidia and AMD have products in reviewers hands that can be compared, I buy my GPUs based on bang for buck for the types of games I play, no loyalty at all...

Agree. We fans have learned that rumors are rumors -- only cold hard data and cold hard prices are fact.

No loyalty and basing procurements on objective facts is, needless to say, a sensible, commendable stance. thumbsup

As fans, some of us have loyalty to certain companies -- in that we want to see them succeed. For some of us, those feelings are not based on performance or stock prices. Rather based on the actions of certain companies over the decades we've been following the IT business. Some companies have left a "good taste" and some have left a "bad taste" based on their business practices. But, much of this is "old news" -- so, I'll leave it at that.

AMD has not been infallible. Some products are quite good (particularly graphics cards) and cost effective but to an extent that has been overshadowed by a nearly fatal error. To me, the genuine mistake was the deliberate design direction they took with the "Bulldozer" CPU (which has spawned the current FX CPUs and CPU parts of AMD APUs). The direction they took was a "dead end" -- and they should have known that -- heck, even I knew that when they did it.

The upcoming Zen CPUs (this Fall??) are set to totally erase that CPU error -- according to the rumors. Intel may remain slightly in the lead, but not by enough to worry about -- according to the rumors smile

And, a couple years from now, the AMD GPU design is set to be a "game changer" -- according to the rumors. I won't be surprised if Nvidia matches it smile

Now, if only AMD The Company can stay in business that long.

Competition is good smile

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro