Originally Posted By: Slick
Long story, short summary…I’m an old school gamer who has just updated my old Windows XP gaming desktop for a nice gaming notebook (Asus ROG G752VT-DH72). Don’t worry, I work in IT so I’m not facing a technology learning curve except for the gaming side.

I’m totally confused on how to obtain and play Star Citizen. It seems to be a foreign concept from my old days of buy the box, install the cd and play. I see the wiki article saying a 2016 release date and mentions of subscriptions, pledge donations, etc. But I see that people are currently playing it now. Also, I’m mostly a single player gamer and not much into the online multiplayer stuff where I get my ass handed to me by a 10-year-old in Singapore.

Can someone give me the 100 words or less cliff notes version of this game?

How to get it, or when it will be released to the general public?

I also don’t understand about the Steam versions of games vs store bought boxes but that may be for a different thread.

Star Citizen is in Alpha 2.3.1 right now and is available product. As the guy said as above there are deals and ships you can buy from the RSI store, or if you have REC you can rent ships to test them out and see if you like them. Personally I put it off until I saw the Sabre, and I finally bought it. The game is not of course without its faults (Still Alpha), so its still buggy but otherwise honestly very playable, just has a lot of things to work out. Personally I view it as Arma 3 in space (and that is one reason I enjoy it, don't always have to fly ships. Again things may change for the Official release, but the game is going to be moddable (I'm actually working on something here and there) but its fun to fly (in space only so far).

|My Books | Home Page | http://562.combatace.com/ |
- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers