Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
Hmmm. I suspected I would have an issue with the OS.
Just switched to W10 a month ago and WOFF seems to be working fine with it.

So the whole point is to have the partition with its own OS on it?
I still have my original W7 64-bit Pro install discs I guess I could use but, as I said WOFF works great with W10.

Would it be stupid (or possible) to have W10 on two partitions? The WOFF one all stripped down? Of course I am fairly "tweaked up" currently with junk turned off or removed as much as possible and still having a all purpose OS geared for gaming.
I guess my thought is the future and the direction that drivers and bios are going in supporting W10. But then each partition would be using its own set of drivers? W7 may be easier to really "bare bones" it...
I'll read around.

Win10 is the best for new hardware, looking at steam W10-64 seems to be even more used then win7. So yes stay to 10. In my case Wofff is running great and my hardware is from the Win7 period i5-2500k and a hd7970 so there is no need to change a winning team.

But a extra Win10 boot in your case is something to considder, fully optimized for Woff and no interferering by a automitic scan from a virusscanner or that nice free software downloaded by your wife but also introducing a unexpected conflict.

As apoint of intrest my whole PC life I was forced to use low spec or obsolute PC systems, so I had to tweak/overclock/use sec..hand upgrade parts, on my systems to get things running at low cost. Remember Win98lite or by bare bone WinXP-ME so that it was regonized as WinXP profesional.