I was an AMD user back when they came out with that 233mhz CPU which was 33 mhz better than the 200mhz offering in other IBM/Intel machines back in the Janes 97 days. I also liked their 7970 and 7850 series of cards. Since then, the last few years have been pretty lacking, they don't even make Laptop performance video cards anymore.

Well, until now, they are shipping R9 400 series video cards to Lenovo now for laptops according to wccf tech, and their new Polaris cards and new CPUs coming ARE supposed to be competitive with nVidia. Enough to get me to switch or build an AMD system - who knows? But having a good option that is competitive with nVidia is a GREAT thing for all gamers and users IMO, they've started to punch back with the R9 and Fury cards, but nVidia is far from on the ropes. I have an investment in several high end Gsync monitors, so I'm sorta tied to nVidia due to that, but will gladly purchase a Freesync equivalent (they are cheaper than Gsync across the board too) if AMD proves that with the new Dx12 stuff they can run with the pack again.

Patiently waiting...