Originally Posted By: kestrel79
Any idea when the new AMD GPUs are coming out? I was going to get a R9 390 next month, or should I hold off?

I'm definitely waiting. If the run-up-hype has truth, the new cards (new architecture and new type of 15nm transistors) will make the old 28nm cards "obsolete over night".

Moreover, the current 390 cards aren't "significantly" (in mind of beholder) better than my "years old" Crossfired HD7970s (which play everything). Of course, that's my personal situation -- not applicable to everyone.

We'll see if the hype is actually true. But, I won't take the chance. Just my opinion.

New cards are supposed to be out sooner than later. Summertime -- I've read?? Fall - if they slip??

Just one of many articles: AMD Summer Launch and Detailed GPU Description

From the front page of same site -- One HOUR Ago:

Quote:
...brand new Radeons have been spotted in the vast array of shipping manifests (via VideoCardZ). All upcoming GPUs have to go through the prototyping phase which, thanks to regulations, means they have to be listed in shipping manifests such as this one. While Nvidia has taken to scrambling their code names using a (yet-unknown) cipher, AMD GPUs remain in clear text. These new GPUs will almost certainly constitute the Radeon R9 400 series and at least one of these – is a 14nm FinFET chip...

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro