November 1915 News for Warbirds Rising:
November 2
British Prime Minister Herbert Asquith declared Serbian independence to be an essential object of the war.
November 3
The first meeting of the newly constituted British War Committee was held.
The Third Battle of the Isonzo ended in a victory for Austro-Hungarian forces.
November 4
Lord Kitchener set sail for Galilpoli with the objective of gaining firsthand knowledge of the situation.
General Sir Charles Munro was given command of the British Salonika Force. Sir William Birdwood took command of the Mediterranean Expeditionary Force at Galilpoli.
November 5
Bulgarian forces captured Nish in Serbia following 3 days of fighting.
Kitchener left London on a visit to the Near East.
November 6
The French offensive against the invading German army, the Second Battle of Champagne, ended in a stalemate.
November 7
The German cruiser SMS Undine was sunk by the British submarine E19 in the Baltic.
November 8
The Italian passenger steamer SS Ancona was sunk by an Austrian submarine off the coast of Tunisia, while sailing under the Austrian flag.
November 10
The Fourth battle of the Isonzo began as Austrian forces continued to resist the Italian bid to cross the River Isonzo.
November 11
Prime Minister Herbert Asquith announced the composition of a new British War Cabinet; Winston Churchill resigned from the Government.
November 14
The North African Senussi order began hostilities against the British when they attacked an Egyptian post at Sollum.
November 15
Representatives of the Central Powers left Teheran as Russian forces advanced.
November 16
Bulgarian forces captured the Babuna Pass and Prilep in southern Serbia.
November 17
An Anglo-French conference was held in Paris to discuss aid to Serbia and the situation at Gallipoll.
British steam ship SS Anglia, which had been requisitioned for use as a hospital ship, hit a mine and sank in the English Channel.
November 18
In Britain new restrictions were imposed on the opening hours of London's clubs.
November 20
King Constantine of Greece and his Government assured lord Kitchener that Greece would never attack Allied troops.
November 22
The Battle of Ctesiphon began as Turkish troops halted the British advance on Baghdad.
November 23
The British Western Frontier Force began military operations against the Senussi.
The Allied Powers sent a Note to the Greek Government demanding non-interference with Allied troops and guaranteeing the eventual restoration of occupied Greek territory.
November 24
The Greek Government accepted the Allied demands of the previous day.
Field Marshal von der Goltz took command of Turkish forces in Mesopotamia.
November 25
The Battle of Ctesiphon ended with a strategic victory for the Ottoman Empire when the British retreated to the city of Kut-al-Amara.
November 29
Afonso Augusto da Costa succeeded Jose de Castro as Portuguese Prime Minister.
November 30
The Pact of London was formally signed by Great Britain, France, Russia, Japan and Italy: each country declared it would not make separate peace.

(From The Great War - Unseen Archives by Robert Hamilton)

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."