News of the World - June Edition for Intrepid Fliers:
June 1
French troops captured the trenches at Souchez, north of Arras on the Western Front.
June 2
The British Government announced a blockade of the coast of Asia Minor.
June 3
Przemysl was retaken by Austro-German forces.
San Marino declared war on Austria-Hungary.
June 4
The Third and final Battle of Krithia began at Gallipoli as the Allies attempted to push inland from their beach-heads.
June 5
The First Franco-British ministerial conference was held at Calais in order to coordinate war policy and strategy.
June 6
Zeppelin L9 bombed Hull on the east coast of England causing considerable damage.
June 7
The German airship LZ37 was destroyed in the air near Ghent in Belgium by Lieut Warneford of the Royal Naval Air Service - the first time an airship was successfully shot down by an aeroplane.
June 8
William Jennings Bryan resigned as United States Secretary of State in disagreement with President Wilson's policy towards Germany.
June 9
Italian forces captured the town of Monfalcone along the Isonzo front.
June 10
Allied forces captured Garua in the Cameroons.
June 12
German troops attacked north of Shavli and at Mosciska in Galicia.
June 13
Greek statesman Eleftherios Venizelos won in the Greek elections. His party of Venizelists won 193 out of 316 seats.
June 15
The Zeppelin L10 was involved in an unsuccessful bombing raid on the north-east coast of Britain.
June 16
British troops advanced in Bellewarde, a small hamlet north of Hooge and east of Ypres in Belgium.
June 17
The Russian evacuation of Lemberg began as Austrian forces pushed forward in Galicia.
June 18
The Second Battle of Artois ended in stalemate in the final Allied offensive of Spring 1915.
June 19
South African forces begun an advance on Otavifontein in German Southwest Africa.
June 20
The Royal Navy cruiser HMS Roxburgh was damaged by a torpedo from German U boat U-38.
June 21
British troops reached the Euphrates in Mesopotamia and reoccupied Aden.
June 22
Austro-Hungarian forces recaptured the city of Lemburg from the Russians.
June 23
The First Battle of Isonzo begun when Italian troops attacked the Austro-Hungarian army on the Italian Front.
June 24
Robert Lansing was appointed Secretary of State in the USA following the resignation of William Jennings Bryan earlier in the month.
June 25
The German press published an official statement addressing the German use of poison gas at the start of the Second Battle of Ypres two months earlier.
June 26
Montenegrian forces captured San Giovanni di Medua in Albania.
June 28
The Battle of Gully Ravine begun at Cape Helles on the Gallipoli peninsula between Indian and British troops and the Ottoman army.
June 29
A bill was introduced in Britain for the creation of a National Register.
June 30
The Royal Navy destroyer HMS Lightning sank after striking mines off the Kent coast of England.

(From The Great War - Unseen Archives by Robert Hamilton)

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."