At least people are now discussing it. For too long we've had changes made and people disappearing without comment. They may have been on the edge of leaving for awhile, then finally one small change broke the camel in half, and no one thought such a small thing could drive him away, could it? Well, no, it didn't, but there had been a lot before that which hadn't been addressed.

With no one else speaking up, they didn't feel empowered to say anything, and instead quietly left. Then the next one did. And the next one. And the next. Soon we're down 50% regular attendance with little information as to what happened.

Another issue, and I'm not exactly sure how to address it but it's a question for the mission makers, is the joining late people. As I previously mentioned, there are many Mondays (including this past one) that I've skipped because I couldn't be there till 10+ minutes after start. I knew the odds of the first mission ending real fast are slim, but I didn't try to join in progress because quite frankly our missions aren't set up for that.

To come into a mission 10 mins into a 45 min mission you'll usually find everyone is a 15 min walk away at best, as there are often vehicles involved to set up an approach from the spawn to the objective.
In domination there's the "spawn on MHQ" option to alleviate that problem. Is there any way to do this for our regular missions? Click on the slot, click go, appear amidst your squad, wherever they might be? Would it require all slots populated by AI that tag along so you can jump into them?

If more people felt comfortable with joining a bit late (because life happens), perhaps we'd have greater attendance 30 mins in than at start along with overall greater attendance?

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter