Quote:
"I might be having fun lugging around a wounded comrade who is incapacitated but I am fairly sure he is not having fun."

That shouldnt happen anymore, the issue there was that the medic didnt have any "blood bags", which players need if they bleed to much, alongside epi and morphine to make them concious again. Since then i've added blood bags to the medic loadouts so we shouldnt have a repeat, hopefully smile

Quote:

"Same goes for comms: I enjoy the challenge and I am willing to work through that challenge. Others, not so much. I had no problem with the first TFAR sessions after we decided on a frequency structure - I wrote it down and I don't need the comms tuned automagically at the start of a mission. Not everyone wants that."

Ture, it annoys me a bit having to program radios, but it doesnt take long and isnt all that complicated. Also, just so everyone knows the main reason why TFAR was added in the first place was that comms discipline had gone to the dogs, over half the regular players agreed on this and wanted it to be more strict like it used to be, we tried, we failed, so TFAR was added which fixed the issue overnight, and adds some pretty cool gameplay options smile

Quote:

"Let me dig at Meatshield a little here to illustrate a point. A couple of weeks ago a small set of us were working through the warm-up/domination mission and were having a grand time making our way, cooperatively, through a town. It was the best domination mission (and one of the better missions) that I have played. And it was all because no one was invincible - we all had to work together and no one was standing in the middle of the fire, picking off all the bad guys with impunity. And I agree with Meatshield and his reasoning - he wants to be invincible during the warm-up because that is fun for him. It's not fun for me but it is fun for him. I can respect that."

The only reason i go god mode is so theres at least one person alive to heal - revive - fix stuff - clear the immediate MHQ area etc etc. If it really annoys people i'll avoid going on murderous rampages and just follow the group, i dont mind smile

Quote:
"Look, this is a cooperative community. A Community. We are all not going to agree what the definition of 'fun' is. I want tactics, teamwork and a challenge. Not everyone wants that.

What's the solution?"

Its a fine line to walk isnt it? **tounge in cheeck** since they made sacraficing lamps illegal over here its been hard, the earth friendly herbel stuff just doesnt seem to cut it! frown

Quote:
"The early session used to be one of my favorite parts of the night but now not so much. I can't fly anything because of the stupid visibility cone of shame and the infantry action is teleport and shoot, get Meatshield to res you, teleport..
I actually had a lot of fun with Ads and Prof and Vampr the other night following them in a littlebird while they drove the truck across country at night."

see above for my invici reply, as to the view distance, i've narrowed it down, i tried a fix last weekend and it didnt work, so i've got another method to try, i am working on it, as i've said i didnt notice as i've only got my visibility set to 1.5k ish anyway:)

Quote:
"I quit playing because I found that I was enjoying myself less and being frustrated more and it just kind of stopped being fun. I would have liked to get a bit more time trying out other types of roles besides infantry in the missions but I found that I was rarely getting a chance to fly anything but ferry flights or operate a vehicle as anything other than a driver as those slots always seemed to be nabbed by the same players."

I find adding air into missions tricky to balance/make fun, so dont tend to, now we have less overpowering air stuff i could do a few combined arms missions. As to slots, cant really fix that for everyone, just ask nicely/beg i guess!

Quote:
"The tipping point for me in deciding to take a break was the Zeus slot. I'd been getting kind of annoyed with the increasing frequency of having certain players jump into the Zeus slot after they'd died and mucking up the mission. The final straw was when one such player got killed, hopped into Zeus, spawned a SAM troop and shot me out of the sky as I was flying a little bird."

Yea zeus is one of those fine lines. I've been tempted to change it so either only the admin can use it, or remove it entirely as we dont really use it now.

Quote:

"and was going to jump back in but the new comms systems had been adopted by then and after perusing the readme, I decided that it didn't sound like the sort of thing I'd enjoy or want to take the effort to learn."

TFAR is one of those things where its as complicated as you want to make it. Me and ads have spent a fair amount of time making it as simple as possible. We use the same freqs in every mission which are listed in the briefing section of the map and adlabs has done a script that (if your group has a team leader) automaticly sets it all up for you so all you have to do is press the transmit key smile Theres a little issue where if you dont have a teamleader in your group you have to set the freq yourself, but it takes seconds and you just type it in, press "set" on the radio, and your good to go. It takes more clicks to set off a satchel charge smile

As nearblind said guys, any issues/opinions you have etc, feel free to speak up, either here on the forums or in a PM to me, or if i scare/annoy you/just dont want me to know, then to adlabs (sure he wont mind smile ) and it'll be read and disscussed. We cant change issues we dont know about etc, and it wont be held against you or anything like that .. unless you call me french, then i'm afraid i'm gonna have to have words smile

SimHQ Arma3 sessions, weekly semi-serious co-op action for all ages and skills! check the forum sticky for more info!

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3732626/SimHQ_Arma3_Sessions,_who,_wha#Post3732626

All spelling errors are included free of charge and courtesy of a broken spell checker!