So let me get my controversial opinion out first, Trump style - Sometimes the ability to configure the Sim, the mods that go with it, and any other quirks (read: bugs) that arise, is the cost of entry to this sport. The complexity is what makes it a Sim and not a game. Now before you brand me an elitist, I do not mean Mozart-level technical ability only need apply. When I say ability I mean the determination to persevere through the false starts, the crashes, the corrupt files, and the unique ways that a sim is setup. I mean the willingness to show up early and try to get it figured out and ask questions, both in the channel and here on the forums. We already have a plug and play, fire it up and go co-op shootie game. It's called Insurgency and we play on Friday nights. Good fun too. Arma 3 has always been a different beast. It does things that no other game can, it's fiddly and data heavy. Even with a "relaxed" group like us, some players are going to have to work at it a bit. I read the forums here for a month before I got up the nerve to join a Thursday session, and when I did I showed up early and asked a lot of questions. I was fortunate to have Deadmeat patiently sort me out, but I knew even then it wasn't for everyone.

Yes I agree that the mods make it hard to get new players. But I would also argue that without the mods We would have stopped playing a long time ago. I think that if BIS had went with real world equipment instead of near-future stuff we would be in a better place in terms of ease of configuration, but they didn't so we add gbs of files to balance and vary the gameplay and help new players through the complexity as best we can.

I think the admins here have done a good job of making the mods as easy to setup as possible. There are instruction posts, videos, this forum, and pre-play time to get sorted. Its not that hard.

Having said that - I would like to see as much use of the workshop going forward as possible. My ACE updated through the workshop and I had no trouble on the server and the new healing dialog is WAY better. Just tell people to add Ace and CBA through Steam and you'll have that much fewer files to put in a pack.

The radios... ... I am not so cut and dried on the radios.. I like them alot..and then I don't like them..maybe a different post...

The early session used to be one of my favorite parts of the night but now not so much. I can't fly anything because of the stupid visibility cone of shame and the infantry action is teleport and shoot, get Meatshield to res you, teleport..
I actually had a lot of fun with Ads and Prof and Vampr the other night following them in a littlebird while they drove the truck across country at night.

Everybody gets everything they want. I wanted a mission. And for my sins..they gave me one.