I really don't want to speak up though. I'm just a "why can't we all get along" kind of guy.

Ok. My 2 cents.

Since we added TFAR and ACE3 it seems to me that our numbers are declining. That may be a coincidence or causation but I understand how to can chop up the 'fun'. I might be having fun lugging around a wounded comrade who is incapacitated but I am fairly sure he is not having fun.

Same goes for comms: I enjoy the challenge and I am willing to work through that challenge. Others, not so much. I had no problem with the first TFAR sessions after we decided on a frequency structure - I wrote it down and I don't need the comms tuned automagically at the start of a mission. Not everyone wants that.

Let me dig at Meatshield a little here to illustrate a point. A couple of weeks ago a small set of us were working through the warm-up/domination mission and were having a grand time making our way, cooperatively, through a town. It was the best domination mission (and one of the better missions) that I have played. And it was all because no one was invincible - we all had to work together and no one was standing in the middle of the fire, picking off all the bad guys with impunity. And I agree with Meatshield and his reasoning - he wants to be invincible during the warm-up because that is fun for him. It's not fun for me but it is fun for him. I can respect that.

I can also not turn up for the domination warm-up if it is not fun for me.

Look, this is a cooperative community. A Community. We are all not going to agree what the definition of 'fun' is. I want tactics, teamwork and a challenge. Not everyone wants that.

What's the solution?

Fridge
----------
Things which do you no good in aviation:
1) Altitude above you;
2) Runway behind you;
3) Fuel in the truck;
4) The airspeed you don't have.