Originally Posted By: Jedi Master

I'm not going to pretend to have the answer, but I think it apparent that our current direction is seeing attendance continue to dwindle and not increase, so something has to change--and by that I don't mean "add mod X".

If people are being kept away for a specific reason, I'd invite them to speak up as to why. The entire point of the modpack is add assets that people want to use: One of the biggest complaints I see leveraged at Arma 3 is that it was too futuristic and nobody wanted to play star wars or whatever, so we picked up RHS. TFAR was added because people it's a novel way to enforce comms discipline. The map pack is there because people kept complaining about how Altis and Stratis were too brown/samey/flat.

I have heard gripes about how large it is, and I've heard a few complaints about how complicated TFAR is (it's not, it takes some reading, and it can be turned off by the mission maker in anycase), but I've never heard anyone say the modpack is the primary reason they've stayed away. If it is what's keeping you away, please speak up, I'm sure changes can be made.

If anyone cares, the reason I've been gone the last month is nothing so sinister. I've been playing the same game 2-3 times a week, plus time for mission development, for over two years. I'm burned out, I'm taking a hiatus. I'll see y'all in the winter.

Off to greener pastures