Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Originally Posted By: Fridge
Radios: It's not rocket science to write down the frequencies and enter them? Not trying to be sarcastic or anti-Linebacker here but that's what I have been doing since TFAR was introduced and it works every time.

And near_blinds steps work.

It's not rocket science, no, but it is a barrier to entry. It's one thing to make a game difficult to play, it's another to make it difficult to play the game, if you get my meaning.

I don't see the illogic in suggesting that if SimHQ is going to customize and use a popular, nonexclusive mod the names should be altered to reflect that so that people who choose to play MP elsewhere don't run into "well you have a Chernarus but not this Chernarus" issues.

I think SimHQ's Arma is having an identity crisis. Where does it lie? We're not as hardcore as Shacktac or some others, so people who want that experience are turned off by our more relaxed style. Yet we're not as open and easy as some other places, so people who have the game alone come in and find they need several GB of mods plus a TS3 mod that must be properly enabled just to connect.

This is the root of our attendance problems, I think. Personally I've been having scheduling issues lately that have kept me away, I could've shown up around 15 mins late last night, but I didn't bother because I knew the mission had likely already started and it could be an hour till it ended and people came back to the TS3 channel to even tell me what was going on. Yet I think for many people it's not the starting time as much as SimHQ has become a niche within a niche--heavily modded to a specific point yet very casual in other ways with such a small regular attendance that it limits the types of missions we can do (since you don't need to lose too many guys out of 9 to make a mission unwinnable).

I'm not going to pretend to have the answer, but I think it apparent that our current direction is seeing attendance continue to dwindle and not increase, so something has to change--and by that I don't mean "add mod X".

We're balancing on a knife's edge and we have to choose which way to go.

The Jedi Master

First the radios. If you've taken a medic slot and no one is in the top command slot you will need to change your radio feq. It takes 5 seconds, literally 5 seconds to do this. I really don't see what the big deal is??

As far as attendance goes, I think it's fine. 12ish players show up every week to play, sometimes more and sometimes less but normally enough to populate most missions. I'm not really sure what your expectations are for numbers, but getting 12+ guys to show up regularly seems pretty good for a non clan/unit pick-up session. Lets not drag out the drama lama where one isn't needed.