Nottingham, May 1915.

„Morning Mom“
„Morning Alfed. You sit down here and I’ll get your breakfast.”
“Ta Mom”
“Morning Son. Here’s a letter in the post for you. Looks all official and such, here.”
“Hmm, it’s from London.”
“Go on then, open it. Don’t keep us in suspense.”
“To Sgt……….. “
“What’s it say then?”
Alfred looked straight into the fire place with a sort of dumbfounded expression. Both parents started to worry.
“Is it bad news then?”
“What, err no Mom. Seems I’m to be a Temporary Gentleman, whatever that means. I’m to report to Sandhurst Officers Training School by the end of this week.”
“Well what’s that mean then? How can anybody be temporarily a Gentleman. You’re either born that way or not.”
Alfred gave the letter to his mother. A small smile started to grow as Alfred thought about it.
“Good Lord! You have to buy all this then. Why it’s a small fortune. You don’t have that sort of money Alfred.”
“What you talking about Woman, give me the letter will ya.”
Alfreds Farther read through the list of things that would have to be paid for. After a deep sigh he looked at his wife.
“Well, we have a little put a side don’t we. And I know we were saving it for Alfreds future an such, but I don’t want someone saying that our Alfred can’t afford to be a Gentleman. You don’t fuss about this Alfred, if they says you’re a Gentleman then you are one.”

Last edited by lederhosen; 09/09/15 11:09 AM.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB