Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
...Remember when I mentooned APU w/ HBM...

Impressive.

I read that Windows can make use of over 200 CPU cores simultaneously -- so, 32 is not too many smile

I read that flight simulator X-Plane 10 is written to use 10 to 20 threads -- which could be assigned to different cores. I can imagine advanced programming Combat Flight Simulators assigning one nearby aircraft per core and more distant planes at one squadron per core -- rather than every plane in the air to only one core.

I'm hoping AMD gets future APU "per core computations" equivalent to CPU "per core computations". My own tests show that AMD APU cores are effectively slower than AMD CPU cores at the same clocks. Moreover, current APU cores tend to run slightly lower clocks than CPUs of similar architecture. The slower APU performance has to do with optimizing for both computations and graphics on the same chip -- I have read. For now, I think of APUs as "not gaming" devices.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro