Originally Posted By: BKCason
I am very new to WOFF [just a week or so] but I ran into something that I feel could be improved.

I started a campaign and 3 missions in, I messed up a landing, destroyed the plane, and killed myself & the observer. I expected to have to start a new character/mission. But, I found I had left the "player never dies" setting in the Workshop on. So my character is still alive. This was disappointing to me since I planned on being on the realistic side with this campaign. I was fully prepared to have to start over. Since there is only one set of Workshop settings that apply to all characters, it looks like I will have to micro-manage the Workshop settings to be sure I have what I want for any flight.

Would it be possible for the Workshop settings to be on a per character basis?

So pilot1 could be the one where "player never dies" is set on and all sorts of experiments/wild adventures take place and the pilot never dies.

Pilot2 could could have a different set of Workshop settings from Pilot1, including the chance to die.

That way I would not have to remember to check to see what the settings in the Workshop are before jumping into a new character.

I realize this request could be anywhere from trivial to nearly impossible depending on the WOFF design. I won't be heartbroken or leaving WOFF [you won't get rid of me that easily smile ] if no one else likes the idea or you developers say it is undesirable for some reason or perhaps too big a job.

In the meantime, I'll put together a check-list of things to verify before each mission/flight. Pilots are big on check-lists, right? reading

I thought I would mention this suggestion again. If one instance of the Workshop settings per player character is too much, perhaps one Workshop setting for campaigns & one for QC would be possible. I have learned to double check the settings before going into a campaign mission or QC mission just to be safe.

Having revisited this suggestion, I'll leave it alone. Only the developers know the impact of a suggestion and I trust their judgement.

Now, off I go into the wild blue yonder smile

Regards,
Ben Cason
"I shall endeavor to persevere" - Chief Dan George in "Outlaw Josey Wales"