First day of training did not go too well for Alfred. 7:00 am in February in a snow storm looks nothing like yesterday's transit flight.

Making circles around the aerodrome to get familiar with the surroundings would be futile. He opted to follow his flight leader to the front instead and do the circles the next day. The sun finally started to rise and Alfred congratulated himself for going with his gut and sticking with the rest of the flight.

This didn't last long and a different feeling crept into his gut. A strange noise announced a system failure and Alfred with his observer quickly turned home with terror on their faces. Fortunately it was not far and eventually he was able to find the base through the snow storm which did not stop even for a second. After landing Alfred thought he found the source of the failure as there was a small leak in the cockpit, but after showing it to his mechanic he found out to his disgust that the source of the leak was his observer, who relieved himself sometime after the failure occurred. He will re-fly the mission tomorrow and have a talk with his observer.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."