Ice, there is a downloadable manual that gets updated with new version releases. I can't go there from work, so you'll either have to hunt around, or maybe someone else can post a pointer to it.

Right now, there are many folks who feel that KB & M users have a distinct advantage over HOTAS / Joystick users. Keep in mind the game is still very much in development, so we may see a fix for that that satisfies most folks. I believe there was a tweet/pic from one of the Foundry 42 (studio group in England) folks indicating that work on that subject was in progress.

There is a humongous thread in the Katamari section of the forums on the subject, with a number of suggestions on how to achieve a balance... time will tell what CIG comes up with as their solution (or not).

For now, I'd suggest hanging in there, but remaining mindful that it could be awhile before we see that solved. I haven't pledged for any more ships beyond the two that I did early on, but I'm still hopeful that they address the controller imbalance adequately.