Originally Posted By: CG2015
How to Make Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs

Get a perfect hard-boiled egg every time with these simple tips on how to hard-boil an egg. Boiled eggs are a convenient and affordable source of protein. With hard-boiled eggs on hand, you have the components of a satisfying breakfast, lunch, snack, appetizer, or dinner. So get cracking!

DIRECTIONS

Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit 12 minutes.

Adding a teaspoon of vinegar to the water may help keep egg whites from running out if an egg does crack while cooking. Also some people find adding 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the water helps prevent cracking as well as making the eggs easier to peel.

Transfer eggs to a colander; place under cool running water to stop the cooking. Eggs can be peeled and served immediately.

this is a very complicated process - I´ll have to study it more before I feel I am ready to give it a try. I wonder, can I mix broccoli with it ?