Originally Posted By: JimAttrill
Originally Posted By: Robert_Wiggins
I would like to see the "Transfer" menu updated to include all squadrons in all theaters. Currently a pilot in RNAS 3 cannot transfer to Home Defense

Historically moving to HE (Home Establishment) was only done to experienced pilots who might be suffering from 'burn out'. Lots of them didn't like it because they ended up as instructors in an era when instructing was a matter of trial and error - mostly error. RAF_lou managed to get to HD somehow. Maybe he could tell how he did it?

McCudden had been on HE and was killed in a crash on his return, so it did happen to some. Often squadrons were formed in England before they went to France. Barker was about to take command of a Snipe squadron when he had his famous combat. And some whole squadrons were transfered there in 1917 when the Zeppelin/Gotha scare was on. Soooo... get onto a squadron that is historically transferred back for Home Defence at that time. 43? 56? One would have to look it up.

Also the RNAS was responsible for the coastal defence of England at that time - mainly with flying boats. I don't think there was any posting from the RNAS to the RFC and v.v. until they were both merged into the RAF.

Lou explained to me he had to create a new pilot to get to HD and then manually keep tab of the stats for the DiD. Somewhat of a pain I'm sure.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4